Dr. Vinay Kumar
Ex Dean & Professor, IT, VIPS, GGSIPU, Delhi, India
Ex Scientist, NIC, Govt. of India
Brief Professional Profile
Dr. Vinay Kumar did his Ph. D. from University of Delhi and MCA from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi. Before that he completed his Master of Science in Mathematics from Bihar University, Muzaffarpur, Bihar. Dr. Vinay has experience of 28 years in the field of Academy, Research, Software Development, System Administration and Software Project Planning & Execution. He has extensively contributed to knowledge arena through his book and research publications.
He started his career as an academician when he joined UPTRON ACL, West Delhi Centre as senior faculty. He worked there for one year and then joined National Informatics Centre (NIC), Department of Communication & IT, Government of India, in April 1992. He worked with NIC at various places in India and on different software projects. He also managed the supercomputer PARAM 9000 and PARAM Padma installed at NIC. His one of the landmark achievement has been the establishment of state of the art GIS studio equipped with Video Wall and PARAM Padma. He took voluntary retirement from NIC in December, 2012 after completion of approximately 21 years of service. At that time, he was working in NIC as Scientist E & Technical Director.
During his stay with NIC, he was associated with some technical boards and universities for academic activities. He is a life time member of Computer Society of India and associate member of Association of Computing Machine (ACM), USA.
After his voluntary retirement, he has joined Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS), affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indra Prastha University, as Professor of Information Technology. He worked as Dean of the IT Department and Department of Research and Publication till 5th July 7, 2018. His areas of interest are Graph Theoretic Approach of algorithmic problem solving, Information Security & Privacy, Geographic Information System Data Modeling, Restricting Backtracking in NP problems, Digital watermarking of Spatial Data, and e-Governance.
He has authored a book of Discrete Mathematics, published by BPB. Its first edition was published in October, 2002 and second edition is published in January, 2015. The detailed profile is as below.
A. Work Experience
Teaching: (All along associated since 1990, as visiting, part-time and full time faculty member)
- After his retirement (voluntary) he joined as Professor of Information Technology (IT) in Vivekananda School of Information Technology (VSIT) of Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS). The institute is affiliated to GGSIPU. He is working here since January 2013. Since 22.12.2016, up to July 5, 2018 he worked as DEAN VSIT and DEAN Research & Publication of the Institute.
- While working in NIC, he taught core computer science subjects like Discrete Mathematics, Numerical and Statistical Analysis, Operating Systems, Theory of Computation, Analysis & Design of Algorithms, Computer Graphics and Information Security & Privacy to the students of MCA and B-Level (NIELT) during weekends. During the periods he remained associated with the following Institutes:
- Mahan Institute of Technology, Vishal Enclave Raja Garden: As weekend visiting faculty from March 1997 to Dec 2012.
- Institute of Electrical & Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), Delton Hall, Lodhi Road, New Delhi: As weekend visiting faculty for one semester during August to December 2005.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Computer And Management (BVICAM), Paschim Vihar, New Delhi: As weekend visiting faculty from August 2002 to Dec 2004.
- Beri Institute of Technology, Rohtak Road, New Delhi: As weekend visiting faculty from August 2003to December 2004.
- Aptech, BekarBandh, Dhanbad, Jharkhand: As weekend visiting faculty from Feb 1994 to June 1995.
- UPTRON ACL, Vishal Enclave Raja Garden: As full time regular senior faculty from March 1991 to March 1992.
- IDP Co. Ltd. Nehru Place, New Delhi: As part time faculty from Jan 1990 to Nov 1990.
- Period (April 1992 to October 1996): Dr. Vinay joined NIC on April 24, 1992 as District Informatics Officer. He was posted in Dhanbad district, Jharkhand and worked there as district head of the office. He implemented many social sectors IT projects at district level, which later on replicated in other districts, states and other parts of India. Some of the projects are Automation of Vehicle Registration System, Automation of Driving License, Public Distribution System, Public Grievances System, Arms Licensing Systems etc. These initiatives were taken way back in 1992-1996, where many parts of the world were not even aware about the e-Governance. He was transferred to NIC HQ Delhi in October, 1996 after his promotion to Scientist B.
- Period (November 1996 to June 2005): From November 1996 to June 2005, he worked on projects related to Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software development and system administration of PARAM 9000 supercomputers running under Sun Solaris OS. Low cost GIS software –GISNIC was released. Details about this can be found in four papers published [3, 4, 5, 32, 36]. The PARAM 9000 and later PARAM Padma system was primarily used for processing satellite imageries as input to GIS application. The other important achievement during this period had been the establishment of state of art GIS studio equipped with Video wall. The project was funded by Planning Commission, Govt. of India. The details can be found in a paper published . During the period, his work was appreciated by awarding him two promotions: From Scientist B to Scientist C w.e.f. 1.1.1999 and from Scientist C to Scientist D w.e.f. 1.1.2003
- Period (June 2005 to July 2009):He was assigned an all India project Confonet. This is an acronym (coined by him) for the project called “Computerization and Computer Networking of Consumer Fora in the Country”. The project was to automate the functioning of three tiers consumer courts in India: national (NCDRC), state (SCDRC) and District Consumer Redressal Forum (DCRF), in such a way that information related to consumer cases should be available to all concerned. The cost of the project, was Rs. 50 Cr. It was funded by Department of Consumer Affairs, GOI. The project required a lot of implementation research and project management paradigms formulations, keeping in mind the non-uniform e-readiness in the different parts of India. Details about the implementation and bottleneck faced can be found in the papers published [29, 37].
- Period (August 2009 to April 2011):After implementation of Confonet project, he was assigned another challenging task of streamlining result processing of different competitive examinations conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for recruitment in the various central and state government offices. When he took over the charge of EDP Department of Staff Selection Commission, HQ, New Delhi, the results were running behind the schedule by over 3 years. He worked there from August 2009 to April 2011 and helped in declaring more than 73 results and brought the process on schedule. The complexity of result processing lies in preparation of multiple merit lists from single examination before allocation of various posts as per the preferences exercised by a candidates on merit cum preference basis. During the period his work were appreciated by awarding him promotions to senior scale from retrospective date w. e. f. 1.1.2007. He was transferred from the SSC when he became Scientist E.
- Period (April 2011 to December 2012): During the period he was assigned task of implementation of System of Online Application Program (SOAP) for both UPSC & SSC. He implemented the project. He also completed another two projects: ORA (Online Recruitment Application) and DAF (Detailed Application Form) for UPSC. When he took his voluntary retirement from NIC in December 2012, he was working on projects of NPR and Election commission of India.
B. Educational Qualification
- He was awarded Ph.D. in Computer science from University of Delhi in March 2012. His topic of research is “A Graph Theoretic Approach to Information Hiding”. He started his research work in Sept 2007 and completed in August 2011.
- He completed his Master of Computer Application during 1987-90 from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi. He scored 83% marks. During 1990, he cleared the JNU entrance examination for admission to M.Phil in Computer Science course and got admission to the course. The JNU entrance examination for such course is accredited equivalent to UGC/CSIR –JRF/NET examination.
- He passed Master of Science (M. Sc.) examination in Mathematics from University of Bihar in 1984 in first class.
- He passed B. Sc. examination in Mathematics from University of Bihar in 1981 scoring distinction in Mathematics.
- He passed Intermediate of Science(I. Sc.) from University of Bihar in 1978 in first class.
- He passed SSC examination in 1976 from BSSE Board Patna, Bihar.
- Vinay Kumar, (2002). Discrete Mathematics. New Delhi, India: BPB. 2ndedition in January, 2015.
- Muttoo, S. K. and Kumar V., (2010). Chapter 15 in a book titled “Optimizing Information Security and Advancing Privacy Assurance”, ed. Hamid Nemati, IGI Global, USA.
Research Papers in International Journals
- Sharma, V., Kumar, V. and Bhangari, J., (2003). ‘NIC’s Initiative in SDI’. Geospatial World. Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 40-44.
- Kumar, V. and Sharma, V., (2006). ‘Overcoming 64K data size limit in handling large spatial data in GISNIC while cleaning and building topology’. Int. J. of Information Technology and Management, Inderscience, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 77-86.
- Kumar, V. and Muttoo, S. K., (2009). ‘A Data Structure for Graph to Facilitate Hiding of Information in a Graph’s Segments –A Graph Theoretic Approach to Steganography’. Int. J. on Computer Network and Distributed System, Inderscience,Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 268-282.
- Kumar, V. andMuttoo, S. K., (2010) ‘Graph Theoretic Approach to Steganography to Secure Message Digest’, Information Security Journal: A global perspective, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 328-335.
- Muttoo, S. K. and Kumar, V., (2010)‘Hamiltonian Graph Approach to Steganography’, International Journal of Electronic Security and Digital Forensic, Inderscience, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 311 – 332.
- Muttoo, S. K. and Kumar, V., (2010).‘Hiding Message in Map along pre Hamiltonian Path’. Int. J. of Information Security and Privacy, Idea Group USA, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 21-34. Also appeared as Chapter 15 in a book titled “Optimizing Information Security and Advancing Privacy Assurance”, ed. Hamid Nemati, IGI Global.
- Kumar, V., (2011). “Effort to get published: Rejection to Double Submission”. Int. J. of Research and Reviews in Computer Science. Science Academy Publishers, UK, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 994-1000.
- Kumar, V. and Muttoo, S. K., (2011). ‘A Graph Theoretic Approach to Sustainable Steganography’. MIS Review: An Int. Journal,Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 19-37.
- S. K. Muttoo, Kumar, V., (2012). “Watermarking Digital Vector Map Using Graph Theoretic Approach”, Annals of GIS, Taylor & Francis. Vol. 18, No. 2 pp. 135-146.
- Avijit Dutta, Kumar, V., (2012). “Managing Information Security in Digital age”, Int. J. of Management and Social Sciences. Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 205-212.
- Kumar, V., (2012). “Mathematics is Science: A Topic Revisited in Context of FCS of India”, Int. J. of Modern Education and Computer Science, MECS, Vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 17-26.
- Kumar,V., Muttoo, S. K. and Bansal, A. (2012). “Hiding Information in Vector Layer while Extracting Layer from Raster Data”. Information Security Journal: A global perspective, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 317-327.
- Muttoo, S. K., Kumar,V., and Bansal, A. (2012). “Secure Data Hiding Using Eight Queens Problem”. Int. J. of Information Security and Privacy, Idea Group USA, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 55-70.
- Kumar,V. and Bansal, A. (2013). “Information & Communication Technology for Improving Livelihoods of Tribal Community in India”, Int. J. of Computer Engineering Science (IJCES), Vol. 3, No. 5, pp. 13-21.
- Kumar,V. andThareja, R. (2013).“Goal Structured Requirement Engineering and Traceability Model for Data Warehouses”, Int. J. Information Technology &Computer Science, MECS, Hongkong, Vol. 5, No. 12, pp. 78-85.
- Kumar,V. andThareja, R. (2013). “A Simplified Approach for Quality Management in Data Warehouse”, Int. J. of data Mining & Knowledge Management Process (IJDKP), Australia, Vol. 3, No. 5, pp. 61-69.
- Kumar,V. andThareja, R. (2014). “Managing Traceability Data Warehouse Development Project”, Int. J. of Computer Technology & Application (IJCTA), Australia, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp.1001-1011.
- Thareja, R. and Kumar, V. (2014). “Data Warehouse Requirements Engineering”, Int. J. of Information, Communication and Computing Technology (IJICCT), Vol. 2, No. 1, pp 53-60.
- Kumar, V. and Thareja, R. (2014). “Analyzing the Goal Structured Requirement Engineering and Traceability Model”, Int. J. of Database Theory and Application (IJDTA), Vol. 7, No. 3, pp 231-244.
- Kumar, V. and Thareja, R. (2014). “Requirement Engineering for a user centric spatial data warehouse”, Int. J. of Open Problems in Computer Science and Mathematics (IJOPCM), Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.63-72.
- Bansal, A., Muttoo, S. K. and Kumar, V., (2014). “Data Hiding Approach based on Eight-Queens Problem and Pixel Mapping Method”. Int. J. of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition (IJSIP), SERC, Australia, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp 47-58.
- 24. Kumar, V. (2014), “Proof of Fermat Last Theorem based on Odd Even Classification of Integers”, IJOPCM, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp 23-34.
- Kumar, V., Bansal, A., and Muttoo, S. K. (2014). “Data Hiding Method Based on Inter-Block Difference in Eight Queens Solutions and LSB Substitution”. Int. J. of Information Security and Privacy, Idea Group USA, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp 55-68.
- Kumar, V., and Thareja, R. (2015). “Risk based Layered Securing Approach to Secure Data in Data Warehouse”, Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies (GJAET).Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 101-106.
- Sharma, R., and Kumar, V. (2015). Implementation of Steganography using Recursive Equation Approach. International Journal of Computer & Mathematical Science (IJCMS), Vol. 4, pp 15-19.
- Sharma, G., and Kumar, V. (2015). Reversible Information Hiding and its Application in Watermarking, International Journal of Engineering Technology, Management and Applied Sciences (IJETMAS) Vol. 4, pp 157-162.
- Bansal, A., Muttoo, S. K., and Kumar, V. (2015).Secure Data Hiding by Optimal Placement of Queen along Closed Knight Tour, I-Manager’s Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 4 No. 3, pp 18-24.
- Bansal, A., Muttoo, S. K., and Kumar, V. (2016). Secure Data Hiding along Randomly Selected Closed Knight Tour. Journal of Applied Security Research: An International Journal of Police - Security Operations & Practices, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp.90-100.
- Kwatra, R., Kumar, V., and Madan, S. (2016). Principle of 2d Curve Steganography. Journal of Global Information and Business Strategy (J-GIBS), Vol. No. pp. 104-108.
- Bansal, A., Muttoo, S. K., and Kumar, V. (2016).Security against Sample Pair Steganalysis in Eight Queens Data Hiding Technique, Int. J. of Computer Network and Information Security (IJCNIS), MECS Press, Vol 8, No. 8. pp. 39-46.
- Kumar, V., Chaturvedi, A. and Verma, P. (2016). Applications of Big Data in the Digital India: Opportunities and Challenges. IRA-International Journal of Technology & Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 3. pp 164-174.
- Kumar, V., Chaturvedi, A. and Verma, P. (2016). The Concepts of Exploring Applications of Big Data in Digital India Scenario. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Modern Education (IJMRME), Vol. 2, No. 1. Pp 703-708.
- Kwatra, R., Kumar, V. and Madan, S. (2016). Curve Approach to Hide Image Based Information In a digital Cover. I-Manager’s Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 5 No. 4, pp 26-32.
- Sharma, G, Kumar, V. (2017), A novel technique for Reversible Information Hiding, Advances in Computational Sciences and Technology, Vol 10, No. 7, pp 2069-2078.
- Kwatra, R., Kumar, V. and Madan, S. (2018). Embedding stego text in a digital cover using Elliptic Curve, Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, Vol XX, No. XX, pp xx-xx
- Kumar, V., Dave, M. and Chaturvedi A. (2018). A Solution to Secure Personal Data When Aadhar is Linked With DigiLocker, International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security (IJCNIS), MECS Press, Hong Kong Vol 10, No 5 pp 37-44.
- Kumar, V. (2018), Proof of Beal’s Conjecture and Fermat Last Theorem using Contra Positive Method, i-manager’s Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 7 No.2 pp 1-7.
Research Papers in National Journals
- Kumar, V., (2009). ‘E-governance in India Needs New Project Management Paradigm’. IITM Journal of Management and IT, India, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 7-15.
- Kumar, V., (2010). ‘Restricted Backtracked Algorithm to Find Hamiltonian Circuit in Undirected Graph’. BVICAM Int. J. of Information Technology, India, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 23-32.
- Kumar, V., (2010) ‘Essential Points for Setting up Video Wall Facility’. IMS Manthan: The Journal of Innovation, India, Vol. 5, No. 2 pp. 47-52. (refereed & indexed)
- Kumar, V., (2010). ‘GISNIC: A Low End GIS tool from NIC’. IITM Journal of Management and IT, India, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 1-11.
- Kumar, V., (2012). “Approach to Prove Correctness of Graph Algorithm”, IMS Manthan: The Journal of Innovation, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 101-108.
- Kumar, V. and Sinha A. K. (2013). “Virtual Classroom an Initiative for Spreading Excellent Education in India”, Vivekananda, J of Research, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 15-26.
- Avijit Dutta, Kumar, V., (2013). “Evolution and Adoption of Social IT”, IMS Manthan: The Journal of Innovation, India, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp.113-118.
- Kumar, V. and Muttoo S. K., (2014). “Geographic Information Systems: From Desktop to WWW Environment”, Vivekananda, J of Research, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 15-20.
Research Papers in International Conferences
- Kumar, V., (2008). “E-Governance Projects in India, Myths, Reality and Alternative”. Proceedings of the First International Conference; Review of Business & Technology Research (RBTR), July– August, New Delhi, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 1-8.
- Thareja, R. and Kumar, V. (2014). “Best Practices To Improve Data Warehouse Performance”, Proceedings of the Fifth INDIACOM International Conference, March, New Delhi, pp. 41-46.
- Kaur B., Ahuja L., Kumar V. (2018). Factors Affecting Crime Against Women Using Regression and K-Means Clustering Techniques. In: Bhattacharyya S., Sen S., Dutta M., Biswas P., Chattopadhyay H. (eds) Industry Interactive Innovations in Science, Engineering and Technology. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 11. Springer, Singapore
- Munshi, A., Kumar, V. (2018). “Need of New Project Management Paradigm in E-Governance”. Proceedings of the 12th INDIACOM International Conference, March, New Delhi, pp. 262-267. IEEE conference Id: 42835.
- Chaturvedi, A. Kumar, V. (2018). “Proposed Security Solutions at Different Levels of Network Required in UIDAI System”. Proceedings of the 12th INDIACOM International Conference, March, New Delhi, pp. 713-720. IEEE conference Id: 42835
Research Papers in National Conferences
- Kumar, V. and Muttoo, S. K., (2008). “Relevance of Steganography in General and Graph Theoretic Approach in particular, in Indian Security Concern and Measure”. Proceedings of the Second INDIACOM National Conference, February, New Delhi, pp. 183-188. (Refereed with ISSN)
- Kumar, V. and Muttoo, S. K., (2009). ‘Principle of Graph Theoretic Approach to Digital Steganography’. Proceedings of the Third INDIACOM National Conference, February, New Delhi, pp. 161-165.
- Kumar, V., (2010). ‘Encryption Strength Lies beyond Key Length: A Suggestive Approach’. Proceedings of the Fourth INDIACOM National Conference, February, New Delhi, pp.123-127.
- S. K. Muttoo, Kumar, V., (2011). “Managing Copyrights of Digital Vector Map using Steganography”. Proceedings of the Fifth INDIACOM National Conference, March, New Delhi, pp. 191-194.
Articles in National/Local Seminars/Symposium
- Kumar, V., (1996). ‘Internet, Its Goal, Application and Impact’. Proceedings of the first computer today and tomorrow conference, July, Dhanbad, India, pp. 10-12.
- Kumar, V., (2010). ‘Solving Some Recurrence Equation Using Unconventional GF-DC Method’. Proceedings of Third MATEIT National Conference March, New Delhi, pp TS-5.3.1.- TS5.3.4
Research Papers Accepted
- Bansal, A., Muttoo, S. K., and Kumar, V. “A Combinatorial Approach to Steganography”, Journal of Information Security and Application, Elsevier
- Kaur, B., Ahuja, L. and Kumar, V. (in Press), ISM and TISM: Model building techniques and their Applications, International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), Vol xx No. xx pp xx-xx
- Kaur, B., Ahuja, L. and Kumar, V. (in Press), Decision tree Model to predict sexual offenders on the basis of major and minor victims, International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems
Research Papers Submitted
- Kaur, B., Ahuja, L. and Kumar, V. (). Modeling the factors affecting crime against women using ISM-MICMAC,
- Kwatra, R., Kumar, V. and Madan, S. (). Koch Fractal Approach to hide Information in a Digital Cover, IJISP
- Kwatra, R., Kumar, V. and Madan, S. (). Newton Fractal Approach for hiding Information in an Image, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE)
Five more papers are submitted and are under review.
Graph Theoretic Approach for solving algorithmic problems, Information Security & Privacy, Geographic Information System Data Model, Restricting Backtracking in NP problems, Digital watermarking of Spatial Data, E-governance project management in Indian context.
Number of Student Projects guided:
DOEACC B Level : Over 50 Students
MCA/B.Tech/B.E Level : 110 Students
M. Tech Level at NIC : 02 Students
Ph.D. (Completed) : 02 Research Scholars
Ph. D. Level : 06 Students (Pursuing right now)
E. Details of Completed/CompletingPh.D. Students
Name of Candidate
Name of University
* Degree Awarded
F. Invited Lectures and Workshop Participated
- Delivered a valedictory address at GTBIT, Delhi on 1.02.2018 during its CSI State Student Convention organized by them.
- Delivered Keynote Address on “Innovative Realms in Management & Technology” during a Technical Session in National conference organized by CPJ College, GGSIPU on 19.01.2018
- Delivered lecture on “E-Governance an e-effort to empower common man” at MD University Ajmer on 5th October, 2017.
- Delivered lecture on “A Talk on GIS Technology, Application and Current Trend” at MD University Ajmer on 5th October, 2017.
- Participated in a Panel Discussion on “Digital India” during International Conference “IndiaCom 2017” on 2nd March 2017.
- Delivered a Lecture on “Research Methodology” in RDIAS, GGSIPU on March 13, 2017.
- Chaired a session on “Systems and Architecture” in Digital India Golden celebration of CSI on 3rd December, 2015 at New Delhi.
- Delivered an invited lecture on ‘Application of Natural Number in Computer Science’ at Rajdhani College, Delhi University, during Arity 2015 on September 21, 2015.
- Chaired a session in International Conference on “Bilingual International Conference Information Technology: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow” held in Delhi, 19-21, 2015 by DRDO.
- Delivered an invited lecture on ‘Secure Computer Network & Dark Web’ at DRDO, Metcalf House, New Delhi, May, 2014.
- 11. Delivered an invited lecture on ‘e-Governance’ at University of Delhi (Dec, 2013).
- Delivered an invited lecture on ‘Graph Theoretic Approach to Steganography and its Application” in RDIAS, Delhi, (Feb, 2013). The lecture is available on U-tube.
- Delivered an invited lecture on ‘Graph Theoretic Approach to Steganography and its Application” in Amity University, Noida. (May, 2012)
- Attended 5 days MDP training at IIM Lucknow from 13-17 Feb, 2012.
- Delivered an invited lecture on ‘GIS: Technology, Application and its Future’ at University of Delhi (Dec, 2011 and Jan 2013).
- Delivered an invited lecture on ‘How to write Research Papers in IT’ at MERI, GGSIPU, Delhi. (Mar, 2006)
- Delivered an invited lecture on ‘Application of Discrete Mathematics in Computer Science and Application’ in BVICAM, Delhi.
- Delivered lectures on GISNIC and Remote Sensing during five days GIS training at Assam Administrative Staff College (AASC) Guwahati (Dec, 2004).
- Participated in the workshop on Parallel Computing –Optimization Performance of Parallel Programs (PCOPP –2002).
- Prepared, scheduled and delivered a lecture on ‘Parallel computing in reference to PARAM 9000 in NIC’ (Jan, 1997).
- Delivered a lecture on ‘Application of Computer and NIC Net Services’ to the officers and staff of CBI, Dhanbad Branch. (Feb, 1995)
G. Members of Academic Body/Boards(Outside VIPS)
- Member of the Question bank development committee for CCC and BCC program conducted by DOEACC (Now NIELET).
- Special invitee member of the syllabus committee for Discrete Mathematics of B Level courses conducted by DOEACC (Now NIELET).
- Reviewing research papers submitted for publication Journal titled “Information Security Journal: A global perspective” of Taylor & Francis group of publications.
- Reviewing research papers submitted for publication to Journal titled “Computer and Security” of Elsevier group of publications.
- Reviewing research papers submitted for publication to Journal titled “BVICAM Int. J. of Information Technology” of Bharati Vidyapeeth.
- Invited as subject expert in interview board for recruitment of PGT and TGT in Central Schools.
- Evaluating answer sheets of students of MCA and B. Tech/B.E. Level of a few universities and Technical Boards. Subject – Discrete Mathematics, Computer Graphics, Theory of Computations, Analysis and Design of Algorithm.
- Moderating and Reviewing question paper set for a few universities and Technical Boards to ensure that it is as per the course curriculum and norms. Subject – Discrete Structure, Analysis and Design of Algorithm, Computer Graphics, Information Security.
- Preparing set of question papers on the subjects: ‘Theory of Computation’, ‘Analysis and Design of Algorithm’, ‘Discrete Structure’, ‘C language’ for MCA final Semester level examination for a few universities and Technical Boards.
- Reviewer of the 3rd Revised detailed syllabus of ‘A’ level course module of DOEACC (Now NIELET) Society during 2002-2003 and 2007-08.
- Reviewer of the revised detailed syllabus of ‘Discrete Structure’ and ‘Mathematical Foundation of Computer’ for MCA course module of GGSIPU during 2003.
- Compiled a detailed syllabus of studies for the first year B.Com. (H) Degree course for the subject ‘BUSINESS MATHEMATICS’ of Commercial University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh in 2003.
H. Some Other Important Highlights
- Took part in organizing exhibition for NIC’s activities in ELITEX 2001 during the month of Feb 2001. NIC stall was selected as the best stall for presenting the NIC activities and was awarded the First award under that category.
- Actively participated in organizing ELITEX 2000 during the month of Feb 2000, and then in SWADESHI VIGYAN MELA in IIT campus to make the masses aware of the benefits of IT in India.
- Took part in 'SOUTH ASIA MAP FORUM 1999' at Kathmandu in April 1999 representing NIC.
I. Responsibilities at VIPS
Besides taking regular classes at MCA level, I did contribute to overall activities of the institute in following manner:
- Dean, IT
- Dean Research & Publication
- Convener of the National Conference TelMISR-2014, 2015 and 2018.
- Member of Library Committee of the Institute.
- Member of IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) of the Institute
- Member of Criteria III (Research, Consultancy & Extension) of NAAC committee of the Institute.
- Member of Editorial Board of Vivekananda Journal of Research.
- Member of Disciplinary Committee of VIPS.
J. Members of professional bodies/ program committees
Life member of CSI
Member of ACM
Member of Executive Committee of Delhi Chapter of CSI Year 2015-2016
Hon. Secretary, CSI Delhi Chapter 2016-2018
Vice Chairman, CSI Delhi Chapter 2018-2019
Chairman(Elect), CSI Delhi Chapter 2019-2020.
K. Some titles under my blog http://drvinayscientist.blogspot.in are
- “Expectation from Life”, Published on 08/08/2017
- “Too much Pampering is not good for life” , Published on 23/09/2016
- “Disputes and Crime’ industry is largest employer in India”, Published on 24/11/2015
- “India has become Intolerant for whom?”, Published on 24/11/2015
- “Classic Example of Double Speak and Contempt of Court by NIC and DIETY”, Published on 13/08/2015
- “Institutionalized Procedural Corruption in NIC”, published on 04/06/2015
- “Innovative Methods to Delay Implementation of court Order”, published on 30/03/2015
- “Chat With GOD”, published on 24/01/2015
- “Another rape a fodder for media hype and politics”, published on 08/12/2014
- “May I get justice in this country? (An Open Letter to Prime Minister of India & Chief Justice of India)”, published on 24/09/2014
- “How difficult is to publish this "A Simple Proof of Fermat Last Theorem by Method of Contradiction”, published on 20/08/2014
- “How honesty spoken is different from honesty practiced”, published on 09/06/2014
- “Selective Approach of Judiciary in India”, published on 01/03/2014
- “AAP in Zombie State”, published on 17/02/2014
- “Is Judicial System relevant for Government of India Today?”, published on 13/02/2014
- “Impact of Social Networks on Youths in India”, published on 12/02/2014
- “A. A. P. Stands for”, published on 11/12/2013
- “Morally Turpitude Sick-u-lar Media’s Expectation from BJP”, published on 20/11/2013
- “Empathy of Sick-u-lar Media for Nehru Family”, published on 18/11/2013
- “Killed Instinct - An unpublished farewell message”, published on 12/11/2013
- “Is Mathematics a science?”, published on 08/05/2012